The Swedish Intensive Care Register (SIR) strives to ensure that all data on intensive care are handled safely so that authorities, intensive care providers, patients and relatives can feel confident that individual patient data can never be identified via SIR
Specifically, this means that:
- all patient-related information that is sent electronically from the members of SIR is strongly encrypted.
- all patient-related information that is sent electronically from SIR to the members is strongly encrypted.
- all data published on the internet is provided in databases that do not contain personal information such as social security numbers, addresses etc.
- that all computers belonging to SIR or used by SIR subcontractors, regardless of location, should have updated protection for viruses, spyware, and firewall protection.
- that all software used within SIR and by SIR subcontractors have current licenses and are used in accordance with them.
- SIR complies with the Personal Data Act in its handling of data (see separate section).