The Swedish Intensive Care Registry is collaborating with the National Board of Health and Welfare to create the conditions for automatic transfer of intensive care places to simplify reporting.
For the time being, manual registration will continue as before without an end date on the Input portal.
It is desirable that the following are reported Monday to Friday:
- Total number of occupiable ICU beds
(occupied and those unoccupied where resources are available and staff are available within two hours to care for intensive care patients)
- Number of unoccupied ICU beds where invasive ventilation can be performed, total number shown in brackets
(unoccupied refers to places where resources are available and staff are available within two hours to care for patients requiring intensive care by ventilator)
- Number of currently admitted intensive care patients with COVID-19
- Number of available and staffed ICU beds where COVID-19 patients can be cared for
- Number of unoccupied ECMO bedss, total number shown in brackets (not mandatory)
The above does not include unoccupied beds that may be brought into use at short notice (more than two hours) to accommodate COVID-19 patients, e.g. beds in operating & recovery units. If brought into use, they are included in the above number